How Maxillofacial Surgeons Can Help You with?
Maxillofacial surgeon and oral surgeons are dentists who have years of more training and experience with the bone, skin and muscles of the nose, mouth, and jaw almost fully. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are uniquely skilled in diagnosing and treating many functional or cosmetic disorders in this field. They are exclusive to their expertise. Call today to arrange an appointment with our team of specialists at Oral & Facial Surgery of Oklahoma to find a qualified and sympathetic oral health specialist.
After completing a degree program and dentistry doctorate, oral and maxillofacial surgeons complete the specialized surgical training of four to six years. This further training gives oral and maxillofacial surgeons a wide variety of treatment options to patients who have had trauma, significant dental misalignment, TMJ and other serious oral health concerns that may need targeted and operative treatment for optimal treatment. The goal is to prepare dentists as a crossroads between dentistry and medicine for research and training in this dental field. Many doctors are actually graduated in oral and maxillofacial operations, and oral surgeons may want to take a doctorate to provide the most different services.
Alongside advanced education in oral surgery, most oral and facial surgeons are certified and trained in all levels of local to general anesthesia and sedation, as well as nitrous oxide, oral awareness and IV sedation.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Procedures
Following specialized training, oral and maxillofacial surgeons are in the position to provide a wide variety of surgical treatments, including:
- Operation of the dental implant
- Managing and extracting wisdom tooth
- Facial injury diagnosis (breaking of the bones, facial orbits or fractured eye)
- Cosmetic facial operation;
- Airway treatment for sleep apnea obstructive patients
- Head, face, throat and oral cancer treatment and removal
- Soft tissue and dental surgery to enhance looks or functions
- Treatment of spinal lip and palate
- Operations of the lip and tongue tie
- Administration of anesthesia in order to provide relief during surgery
- Orthodontic correction (jaw) process
Treatments against weakness and relief of facial pain in a temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Dentoalveolar surgery, including muscle repair, formation, and transplanting.
- Pre-prosthetic procedure before tooth replacement to restore the supporting structures
- Soft and tough grafting of tissues
- Fixed craniofacial congenital malformations
- Chronic illness, diseases or illnesses diagnosis and treatment
- Orthodontic surgery to enhance jaw balance during or before orthodontic procedures
- Advanced root canal therapies or endodontic microsurgery;
- Knob or fractured teeth, jaws, other internally damaged structures and soft tissue lacerations emergency procedures
You can book your appointment with Dr Wooten associated with Oral and Facial Surgery Oklahoma if you need any treatment related to oral health.
**Disclaimer: This site content is not intended to be medical advice nor establishes a doctor-patient relationship.
on Aug 9th, 2020
Filed under Blog, Maxillofacial Surgeon OKC, oral surgery specialists of Oklahoma . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.