How Impacted Wisdom Teeth Become a Headache?
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are susceptible to becoming impacted. If the jaw is too small, these teeth will not emerge into the grin as they should.
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause a number of problems for individuals. Many patients elect to have their wisdom teeth removed by an oral surgeon before they become symptomatic in order to avoid such problems.
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause a number of problems
A patient’s wisdom teeth that have impacted may lead to a range of complications. Some of these conditions might be fairly serious, while others have a negative impact on the quality of your life.
- Pain: Impacted wisdom teeth may cause pain for sufferers.
- Impaired wisdom teeth may cause other teeth to shift out of alignment, erasing years of orthodontic treatment.
- Abscesses: As wisdom teeth are located at the back of the jaw, it can be difficult to keep them clean. The wisdom teeth might become infected or abscessed if they are infected or abscessed.
- A wisdom tooth’s impacted position increases a person’s vulnerability to tooth decay and gum disease, in addition to triggering an infection.
- In some cases, cysts and tumors form around wisdom teeth that are impacted.
Wisdom teeth can cause a wide range of problems. You must go for wisdom teeth removal without giving it a second thought.
Dental problems can be prevented by removing wisdom teeth
A patient with impacted wisdom teeth is likely to have the problems outlined above, but it’s impossible to anticipate when they will occur. As a result, many people elect to have their wisdom teeth removal done by an oral surgeon as a preventive step.
Your wisdom teeth should be removed before the age of 25, if at all possible. In late adolescence, the oral surgeon has more difficulty removing wisdom teeth, and the recuperation period is lengthier.
Please contact Dr Wooten at Oral and Facial Surgery to book a consultation if you’re considering a prophylactic wisdom tooth extraction. He is an experienced and reliable oral surgeon in Oklahoma.
on Aug 6th, 2021
Filed under Wisdom Teeth Removal . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Tags: wisdom teeth removal okc
Comments are closed.