Do I Need to Remove My Wisdom Teeth?
If you think removing wisdom teeth isn’t at all necessary, you’re wrong. Although they may cause no harm, they can be impacted. Additionally, they can damage the surrounding teeth while growing up. Since the bones in your mouth get harder as you age, some dentists often take the molars out initially to avoid more problems later on.
Waiting could be more dangerous. You may experience post-surgical problems such as heavy bleeding, fractured teeth and momentary loss of movement in your jaw. If you’re looking for wisdom teeth removal, you can consider contacting an oral surgeon.
When Is Removal Necessary?
When wisdom teeth cause problems, they need to be removed. Here are some good reasons to take them out:
- Extra molars can cause damage to other teeth by pushing them around. This creates pain and biting
- As cysts can form around the new teeth, it’s important to treat them before they cause damage to your jaw and nerves.
- Tissue around the gum can become hard to clean due to inflammation.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can cause problems to the surrounding teeth, making removal necessary.
Your dentist will first take a good look at your mouth and the shape of your teeth before making any decision.
After your dentist gives out the verdict on wisdom teeth removal, you will be told to visit a surgeon. The procedure will only take a few hours. After a few more days, you will get back to normal.
Why Should We Take Them Out?
- Since wisdom teeth are far back in your mouth, they may not come normally. They can easily be trapped in your jawbone and cause
- Since not all wisdom teeth come at a right angle, they may press on other teeth.
- If you have cavities in your wisdom teeth, you may not be able to reach them with a toothbrush or dental floss.
As soon as the surgery is over, don’t forget to forget doctor’s instructions for a quicker recovery. Here are some of them:
- Use an ice pack on your face in order to curb swelling.
- Gently open and close your mouth to perform jaw exercise.
- If you’re having a sore jaw, use moist heat.
- Eat soft foods
- Avoid brushing against any blood clot.
Visit an Oral Surgeon
If your dentist has recommended you to visit a surgeon’s office to remove your wisdom teeth, you must visit Oral & Facial Surgery of Oklahoma. Our surgeons work flawlessly under the supervision of Dr Wooten.They are board-certified and have years of experience. Schedule your appointment today to avail our unmatched services.
**Disclaimer: This site content is not intended to be medical advice nor establishes a doctor-patient relationship.
on Feb 14th, 2022
Filed under Wisdom Teeth Removal . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Tags: wisdom teeth removal okc
Comments are closed.